Confidential SecretarySt. Croix. U.S. Virgin Islands
This position is responsible for performing a variety of advanced secretarial, as well as project oversight duties within the Attorney General’s Office in the district assigned. This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Budget and accounting Division in the district assigned to include composing a variety of confidential materials that may involve legal, personnel and budget. The nature and sensitivity of the duties as they relate to communications or analysis pertaining to legal, labor negotiations, personnel or budget matters require a high degree of confidentiality. The Business office director supervises the Confidential Secretary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as secretary to Management when he/she is in the district assigned;
- Coordinates office operations with the Management and supervise the students workers assigned in the office;
- Works independently addressing calls, visitors, and correspondence directed to Management, using judgment in referring requests to appropriate individuals and/or providing appropriate responses on matters which do not require the personal attention of Management.
- Researches and summarizes information with supporting data in preparation for meetings, training, projects and reports; reviews of departmental policies and procedures; and organizes, edits and prepares materials in draft form.
- Composes and prepares communications that are regular and confidential in nature and requires the use of sensitive data pertaining to personnel, budget and Administrative matters and any other matters deemed necessary by management;
- Serves as a liaison with various constituencies and responds to numerous inquiries requiring knowledge of policies, procedures and regulations.
- Collects financial and statistical data used in preparing and disseminating reports, budget requests and other various projects;
- Responds to requests for administrative information and prepares office reports as required;
- Opens, reviews, sorts and distributes the mail in accordance with staff assignments;
- Organizes and coordinates the administrative activities in the department, including handling incoming correspondence and drafting responses,
- Organizes, plans and schedules demanding workloads to assure timely completion
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Graduation from a nationally accredited two or four years of college with an Associate’s or a Bachelor’s Degree.
EXPERIENCE: At least three years of secretarial experience in a complex office environment. Skills and abilities to successfully complete all the specific duties of the position to include but not limited to the following:
- Possess a strong working knowledge of English composition commensurate with that of the executive secretarial position;
- Extensive knowledge of office terminology, procedures and equipment;
- Ability to manage secretarial staff;
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the Department’s functional structure, policies and procedures, and specific requirements;
- Ability to handle office details independently and confidentially, including composition and formatting of important letters and memorandum;
- Ability to understand and carry out complex oral and written directions;
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with the public and staff regarding various concerns;
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of people at all levels of the organization;
- Demonstrate knowledge of information management;
- Personal integrity necessary to maintain confidentiality pertaining to office matters;
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.