U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS – Due to the territory’s “Stay at Home” status, Atty General Denise George today issues a reminder of measures put in place to safeguard the public and Dept. of Justice employees from potential exposure to COVID-19…
ADOJ facilities on both St. Thomas and St. Croix remain closed to the public and will not conduct person to person services until further notice. Department of Justice’s four facilities that are closed to the public include the Office of the Attorney General located at the GERS Building, 2 nd floor in St. Thomas and #213 Estate La Reine St. Croix, the Division of Paternity and Child Support located on the 2 nd floor of Nisky Shopping Center, St. Thomas and #3018 Estate Orange Grove, St. Croix.
The following services are provided electronically or telephonically in the following manner:
1. Administrative claims – Persons who would like to file administrative claims may download and print the claim forms from the DOJ website or may email AAG Ariel Smith, Chief of the Civil Division, St. Thomas: Ariel.email@example.com – (340) 774-5666 ext. 10155.
For questions regarding pending criminal cases, please contact AAG Eugene Connor, Acting Chief of the Criminal Division, St. Thomas: Eugene.firstname.lastname@example.org – (340) 774-5666 ext. 10168 or AAG Eric Chancellor, Chief of the Criminal Division, St. Croix: Eric.email@example.com – (340) 773-0295 ext. 20219.
2. Criminal misdemeanor complaints – Persons may file criminal complaints for prosecution based on VIPD police reports via email and telephone. Please contact Delyn Willett, Criminal Complaint Intake Officer:Delyn.firstname.lastname@example.org – (340) 774-5666 ext. 10172.
3. Requests for financial/white collar/corruption investigations can be filed via email and telephone. Please contact William Curtis, Special Investigations Division Director: William.Curtis@doj.vi.gov – (340) 774-5666 ext. 10351.
4. Sex Offender Registry – Sex offenders who are residing, employed, or attending school in the Territory and need to register or update their information must do so telephonically or via email. Please contact Inais Borque, Territorial Sex Offender Registry Manager: Inais.email@example.com- (340) 773-0295 ext. 20250. Offenders must understand that failure to comply with these obligations will subject them to prosecution for failure to register.
5. Paternity and Child support Division –Customers are encouraged to utilize the following contact information:
Telephone Nos.: (340) 775-3070 Fax No.: (340) 775-3808 Mailing Address: Department of Justice, Paternity and Child Support Division 8000 Nisky Shopping Center, Suite 500, 2nd Floor St. Thomas, V.I. 00802-5844
Telephone Nos.: (340) 778-5958 Fax No.: (340) 779-3800 Mailing Address: Department of Justice, Paternity and Child Support Division #3018 Estate Orange Grove, Suite 4, Christiansted, V.I. 00820
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org This limited service remains in place at the V.I. Department of Justice until further notice.
For more information on COVID-19, please visit the USVI Department of Health website, doh.vi.gov/coronavirus, or text COVID19USVI to 888777.